09/07/19 Wild Food and Foraging Walk 11:00am-12:00pm
Do you look out in your backyard and wonder what types of plants or ‘weeds’ are growing there? Many of these plants may actually be beneficial even though we think they are invasive weeds. We will walk around the Farm, through the woods, and visit our gardens to identify some of the most common and rare plants that grow in this part of Washington.
1. Introducing you to common plants that are beneficial for your yard and why you may just want to let them grow.
2. Identifying plants that are native to the State of Washington, as well as plants that have been introduced.
3. Identifying invasive species that you don’t want in your yard.
4. Leaning about plants that are edible and their health benefits.
5. Sampling wild, edible food on the tour and returning home with a recipe.
6. Discussing how to learn about poisonous plants.
Class size limited to 12 people.